Cracked core support - stock 16v!

--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Tobias ><" <scirocco16v88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The culprit seems to have been a poly front mount
> that's been in the car ~5
> > years. The cracks have developed just over the last
> half year since my last
> > inspection.
>
> I maintain that this has as much to do with the *rear*
> mount softening as anything...replace it!
> But you still need to fix that core support...

I don't necessarily, I've heard of more than just Tobias'
car cracking 'cuz of a poly front mount.

Bottom line is KEEP YOUR MOTOR MOUNTS IN GOOD CONDITION!
Change them every couple years / when you change your
timing belt.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov