Core cracks - a little something of interest

Well I decided to ask on the German Scirocco Forum whether or not this
problem is as common there as it is here.

I got one response. No. Only those who put VR6 motors in have had the core
crack. Most others have dealt with the rear mount ripping out of the body.

For the most part this is attributed to different driving .. much shorter
distances and much more flat terrain. And because of the shorter distance
there's not as many chances to get up on it and abuse the cars.

One of the listers however said he swapped in a different style front mount
(I'm hoping to get pictures). Effectively it's the same style as the side
mounts but made for the front. It was available for some eralier Golfs over
there (possibly here too?) - This might be a possibly alternative to the
front mount.

He's got a built 2l 16v and has not had cracks yet - apart from his rear
mount ripping out and taking half the exhaust with it.

Food for thought.