Messenger Service Pop-ups

Hey there,

These windows aren't stopped by popup blockers cause those only work with
webpage popups, these are windows popups generated by your windows
environment.  You also won't find anything with ad-aware because they are
not being run by some kind of ad-ware.  What this is, is exactly what it
says, the Windows Messenger Service.  Its a service built into windows that
is help for administrators to send a message to every computer in the
network to inform users that a server is rebooting or something.

The reason these are popping up is that this services uses a specific tcp
port on your computer.  This port is open to people on the internet.
Basically the way you stop these messages is to close that port.  Because
you are using Windows XP you can turn on the firewall feature and it may
close the port automatically.  I'm not sure, seeing as I don't have an xp
computer in front of me, but I think you go to your network properties
(control panel > network) and go to the properties of your network adapter
(right click "local area connection" > click "properties) and then go to the
tcp/ip properties.  Next find the advanced button or tab and look around
there for the firewall feature.  Then enable that.

If that doesn't stop the popup's then you may have to manually setup the
firewall feature to block that specific port which I don't have on the top
of my head right now.  After you do this you will never see those popups
again!

If you need any terms explained such as TCP port I can do that for you
privately.  Goodluck!