From: Haygood [mailto:haygood@aemail4u.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 4:28 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: OT: Messenger Service Pop-ups

Hi all.  For the past few months I have been plagued by these stupid =
"Messenger Service" windows that pop up.  Often, when I've been away =
from my computer for a couple of hours, I'll have to close 5 or 6 of =
them.   I have a pop-up blocker that blocks pop-ups in internet =
explorer, but it doesn't catch these.  I have run ad-aware6, with it's =
updates, and that never does any good.  I have rebuilt the machine from =
scratch a couple of times, but the windows keep coming back.  The =
"Messenger Service" windows don't show up in the task manager, and I =
haven't been able to relate them to any particular processes.  Please =
help me get rid of these annoying things. =20

The content of the window usually says something like: Message from =
AEKJFNE to XXXXXX:   You need a University Diploma! ....

...or some other spam like that. =20

I wish the assholes who create stuff like this would get a life and =
realize that it isn't morally right to knowingly annoy people just =
because you can, it suits your needs, or otherwise makes you happy.

XP with all (I think) updates, cable modem.

BH=20

!!!!FAST, FREE AND HOT!!!!
for the best free email site on the web
http://www.aemail4u.com