Temp. light keeps blinking.

Thanks to everyone who gave me info on the speedo swap.  It turned out well.
  I now have a new problem.  My temp light keeps blinking.  It did blink
before I did the speedo swap.  The temp. needle has not gone above the the
light itself, oil temp is normal, the fan does come on, and a pressure test
has indicated I do have a small leak, more of a seap.  Some times the light
comes on after 2-3 min the car is running or sometimes after an hour or two
of driving.  I did play with the coolant amount, i had 50/50 but changed it
so it is mostly water now about 20/80.  The asked the p.o. owner about this
and he told me that his mech. said to loosen the overfill cap and let it
depressurize.  He then said it would be fine for about a month.  Any ideas?
Thanks.

Stock 1.8 16V engine w/ AC

-Doug