Some questions about Cincy

Hello Listers,

    I wanted to put this to the list and get some feedback, but unltimately
I would like Daun to have the final say.  Last year after Cincy several
listers (myself included) made some comments about trying to get some of the
pics from Cincy published in one of the VW Mag's.  While I did attempt to
contact a few, I was never contacted back.  Well, at another show that I
attended after Cincy I met a representative from a VW mag and occasionaly
e-mail back and forth with this person.

    So i kinda wanted to see what the list thinks about trying to get the
event covered by this person but since we are all invading Daun's home I
know and respect the fact that he should have the final say-so.  Now I have
not in any way shape or form mentioned Cincy to this person.  I'm looking
for a general consensus and the final say from Daun before even trying to
see if we could get it covered.  This is by no means even close to a "It's
very possible that it could be covered" kind of deal.  Like I said, I
haven't mentioned Cincy to this person at all ever.  I also think we all
know how hard it is to get most VW mag's interested in Water Cooled Vw's let
alone Scirocco's.  So the entire attempt has a pretty good chance of failing
in my opinion.

    So Daun, your thoughts on this are the most important since I know you
don't want ton's of people invading Cincy ever since you only have a limited
space and I fully agree with you on that.  Cincy has a somewhat sacred feel
to it and I don't want to ruin that.  I just thought that maybe it's time
for rocco's to try and get another 15min of fame and remind people that
there is still a lot of fun left in these cars that so few people know
about.  Not  only that, but aside from any pictures that may have been taken
at the karmann factory, where on earth can you possibly see a larger
gathering of these cars?

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v