*real* R/C car

--=====================_440293656==_.ALT

The '69 Charger A.K.A. General Lee used in the series were powered by a
318ci, 383ci, or 440ci engines with 4 barrel carbs, no six packs how sad...
. Don't ask how I know... I just do.

Never heard of a 426 Hemi General Lee but that doesn't mean there never was
one.  Most replicas I've seen have either 440's or 426 Hemi motors...

426 Hemi was best known in Barracuda, or as it was know Hemi 'Cuda. See and
listen to  'Phantasm' for a nice Hemi 'Cuda

-Raffi

At 04:55 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 04/02/2003 2:40:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>jtoomasson@yahoo.com writes:
>

> > The General blows KITT out of the water in truest aspect of a car's
> measure:  _soul_
>
>You just gotta love the sound of a Hemi V8...and that big ol' steel whip
>CB antenna  that twanged around whenever they'd powerslide around a
>corner.  hehehe
>
>There were dozens of those cars made for the series.  Most of them
>wrecked.  Most were just plain-Jane Chargers, but they made at least one
>with the 426 in it.  If only for the soundtrack.  :)  I remember seeing
>something about a guy who bought what he thought was a regular
>Charger.  Got it pretty cheap.  Then he started finding orange paint all
>over the place.  When he went to restore the interior, he found some kind
>of Warner Brothers purchase order or something underneath the back seat
>when he took it out.  did some research on it and found that it was one of
>the many used in the series.
>

>Tom in Tucson
>88 16 V Scirocco  80 Scirocco S  80 Scirocco  79 Scirocco  76 Scirocco FSP
>Project
>The Slowest, Rustiest, Crappiest and worst looking scirocco(s) in all of
>Tucson!
>www.area-53.com
>Armor Door Plates - $42.95 shipped to the lower 48

--=====================_440293656==_.ALT

The '69 Charger A.K.A. General Lee used in the series were powered by a
318ci, 383ci, or 440ci engines with 4 barrel carbs, no six packs how
sad... . Don't ask how I know... I just do.<br><br>
Never heard of a 426 Hemi General Lee but that doesn't mean there never
was one.&nbsp; Most replicas I've seen have either 440's or 426 Hemi
motors... <br><br>
426 Hemi was best known in Barracuda, or as it was know Hemi 'Cuda. See
and listen to&nbsp; 'Phantasm' for a nice Hemi 'Cuda<br><br>
-Raffi<br><br>
At 04:55 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:<br>
message dated 04/02/2003 2:40:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jtoomasson@yahoo.com writes:<br><br>
&gt; The General blows KITT out of the water in truest aspect of a car's
measure:&nbsp; _soul_<br><br>
You just gotta love the sound of a Hemi V8...and that big ol' steel whip
CB antenna&nbsp; that twanged around whenever they'd powerslide around a
corner.&nbsp; hehehe<br><br>
There were dozens of those cars made for the series.&nbsp; Most of them
wrecked.&nbsp; Most were just plain-Jane Chargers, but they made at least
one with the 426 in it.&nbsp; If only for the soundtrack.&nbsp; :)&nbsp;
I remember seeing something about a guy who bought what he thought was a
regular Charger.&nbsp; Got it pretty cheap.&nbsp; Then he started finding
orange paint all over the place.&nbsp; When he went to restore the
interior, he found some kind of Warner Brothers purchase order or
something underneath the back seat when he took it out.&nbsp; did some
research on it and found that it was one of the many used in the
series.<br><br>
Tom in Tucson<br>
88 16 V Scirocco&nbsp; 80 Scirocco S&nbsp; 80 Scirocco&nbsp; 79
Scirocco&nbsp; 76 Scirocco FSP Project<br>
The Slowest, Rustiest, Crappiest and worst looking scirocco(s) in all of
Tucson!<br>
Armor Door Plates - $42.95 shipped to the lower