down to 2100lbs...

The best way to have a light Scirocco is to get a Mk1.
:)

Assuming that isn't an option, Euro bumpers do indeed
save a LOT of weight. So do race seats and A/C.

The realy question is: why do you need it to be so
light? Are you planning to compete with it in some
sort of race series? If so, read the rules first!!

My car weighs 1905 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas, full
interior except back seat, full roll cage, oversized
radiator, large oil cooler, supercharger (and related
brackets), intercooler, etc. I could easily drop
another 100 lbs within the rules for SCCA Street
Modified...except for that one pesky rule that says I
have to weigh at least 1900 lbs. :)

A couple of photos here:
http://www.sedivsolo2.com/photos.html

I know of Rabbits that had to be balasted to get to
the E-Prepared weight of 1400 lbs. That's with
stripped interiors, lexan windows, light-weight 1.6L
Formula Super Vee motors, etc.

Neal
'77 Scirocc G60