*real* R/C car

--0-2038157155-1049270928=:58256

Yeah, my handbrake didn't do much more than provide some drag. Probably understeer, I always get those two mixed up. Basically, I meant the wheels are turned but the car still goes straight. Very frustrating when you're trying to screw around in a packed-snow parking lot.
Dan
 Adam J Garside <adam.garside@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
When you say "pushed" I think you mean understeer, when the front wheels
lose grip, this mainly happens in FWD cars.
Oversteer is when the rear wheels lose grip, this is a trait of most RWD
cars.
It's usually difficult to lose the back end in a FWD car under normal
conditions. When it does happen it's usually due to lifting off the
throttle mid-corner (due to weight transfer from rear wheels), bad tyres at
the rear or application of the handbrake mid corner ;-)

Adam,
'92 Scala 1800 Injection (Understeer machine)
'88 325i (Perfect Oversteer Machine)
http://www.geocities.com/little_log

Dan Smith
m> cc:
Sent by: Subject: RE: *real* R/C car
scirocco-l-admin@s
cirocco.org

02/04/2003 08:50

My rocc handled like poop. Well, it handled good but I couldn't toss it
around. It just pushed (oversteer I think is the term). Couldn't make it
fishtail in snow or get the back end to swing. It was stock and I'm
guessing it had to do with the fact that all the weight in the car was in
the front.

Dan

"Tyler P." wrote:
I've always called them J-turns and I can do them pretty well in my
scirocco. On wet roads that is...

I practice it a lot though and my only problem is going from reverse to
first quickly because where reverse and first are in our cars its hard to
change quickly. Much easier when reverse is below 5th on the h pattern.