From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Re: headunit opionions]

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> MIME Type: multipart/alternative

I have a Panasonic Mp3/CD player. Has an extra rca for subs and excellent
tuning ability. I can adjust the subs seperatly from the rest and it has a
really cool bass boost feature as well. Came with a useless remote which I
promptly lost. It looks cool too, it's silver with blue lights and a blue
circle around the volume dial. Also has a detatchable faceplate which is
nice.
My only complaint with it is that it's pretty hard to adjust settings while
driving, or set stations and stuff like that. I've got it down pretty well,
but it's still a little too complex for my taste while driving. Also, it's
about 1 1/2-2yrs old and though it doesn't skip, it doesn't seem to like to
shuffle much anymore. It'll shuffle a few songs and then just decide not to.
Cost me $300 at the time but I'm sure you could find it cheaper now, due to
the age. I'm running Alpine front speakers which I have yet to get to
distort
with the proper settings and Kenwood Excelons for the rear, which provide
good
'filler' sound. HTH
Dan

I've got an Panasonic MP3 player also, and got the previous year's stock to
avoid blue lighting, mine is the same colour as the stock dash lights, give
or
take (sort of greenish). Other reasons for my selection were the modest
price
for an MP3 player, and the rather plain looking face, it doesn't look like
it
belongs on the Jetsons or something. It is pretty user friendly, very much
like the controls on my stock Beetle unit. I still haven't gone to a sub,
it'll be removeable if I do go that route, and the deck will accomodate one
easiy. I have four small but mighty Kaptions tucked into the stock grilles
(also very plain) and the whole thing cost under 500 CDN, so that suited me
too. Not sure you have Kaptions there, but they're quite common in the
stereo
shops up here. Sounds good enough for me, considering it's competing with
that
beastly exhaust system most of the time. Cathy

 Robert Luhrs <rob.luhrs@sitescape.com> wrote:I have an Alpine 7894 Mp3/Cd..
never skipped.. sounds great..
Matched up with all Boston Acoustic speakers... and in general.. in
all of our VW's my dad and I have put in ALpines and never had
problems with skipping ever..
Rob