[Re: headunit opionions]

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

I have a Panasonic Mp3/CD player. Has an extra rca for subs and excellent=

tuning ability. I can adjust the subs seperatly from the rest and it has =
really cool bass boost feature as well. Came with a useless remote which =
promptly lost. It looks cool too, it's silver with blue lights and a blue=

circle around the volume dial. Also has a detatchable faceplate which is =
nice.
My only complaint with it is that it's pretty hard to adjust settings whi=
le
driving, or set stations and stuff like that. I've got it down pretty wel=
l,
but it's still a little too complex for my taste while driving. Also, it'=
about 1 1/2-2yrs old and though it doesn't skip, it doesn't seem to like =
shuffle much anymore. It'll shuffle a few songs and then just decide not =
to.
Cost me $300 at the time but I'm sure you could find it cheaper now, due =
the age. I'm running Alpine front speakers which I have yet to get to dis=
tort
with the proper settings and Kenwood Excelons for the rear, which provide=
 good
'filler' sound. HTH
Dan

I've got an Panasonic MP3 player also, and got the previous year's stock =
avoid blue lighting, mine is the same colour as the stock dash lights, gi=
ve or
take (sort of greenish). Other reasons for my selection were the modest p=
rice
for an MP3 player, and the rather plain looking face, it doesn't look lik=
e it
belongs on the Jetsons or something. It is pretty user friendly, very muc=
like the controls on my stock Beetle unit. I still haven't gone to a sub,=

it'll be removeable if I do go that route, and the deck will accomodate o=
ne
easiy. I have four small but mighty Kaptions tucked into the stock grille=
(also very plain) and the whole thing cost under 500 CDN, so that suited =
me
too. Not sure you have Kaptions there, but they're quite common in the st=
ereo
shops up here. Sounds good enough for me, considering it's competing with=
 that
beastly exhaust system most of the time. Cathy

 Robert Luhrs <rob.luhrs@sitescape.com> wrote:I have an Alpine 7894 Mp3/C=
d..
never skipped.. sounds great.. =

Matched up with all Boston Acoustic speakers... and in general.. in =

all of our VW's my dad and I have put in ALpines and never had =

problems with skipping ever.. =

Rob =