[OT] Jetta GLX w/very high miles

"very high miles"...  HA!  That's practically a low-mileage VR6...

My 93 Passat VR6 just turned 213,000 miles today!!  I have owned the
car for the past 40k and it has been great overall.  The PO of my car
did keep up with maintenance and all, but get this...
original headgasket, timing chains, and the clutch was just replaced!

I have replaced the clutch, water pump, and cv boot.  That's it.
I am plesantly surprised how nice the VR6 has been to me... but it
is true that there *are* some very pricey things that can go wrong.

Good luck,

Ben