[euro beam ?]

"The Hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:

i have just installed a set of euros on my '88, driving home tonight i =

noticed that the beams were looking kinda yellowish. first thing i though=
t =

was of some kind of charging problem, you know how your lights look when =
you =

batteries about to die? well everything is working properly, alternator a=
nd =

battery. so i tried the brights. the brights are crystal clear and very =

bright, just like the euros should be, so why are the low beams yellowish=
 =

and "dingy"? bad bulbs? anyone have a similiar experience? tia
    hit

Mine are the H1/H4 quads, relayed etc as per the .org tech notes, so the
harness is likely similar. =

Anyway, I accidentally reversed the leads on the bulb and it acted very m=
uch
like this. Double check the it isn't the "low" filament coming on in the
"high" position, if it is it will be super bright on the high setting (wi=
th
the wrong filament glowing) and yellow on the low setting . If you shine =
them
on a wall you can tell which filament is lit. And in my case, a faint glo=
from the filament on the inner light when it shouldn't be on at all was t=
he
tell tale sign that the quads were wired wrong.

 That, or maybe you need to attend another meeting of the "church of the =
free
electron"  ;)

Cathy, stubbornly resisting the real Euro lights, and still seeing well a=
night