Car only runs in START, not RUN - H e l p !

1) is the fuel pump running as it supposed too?
2) Check voltage at coil. Black wire should read 12v based on the switched
ignition. The tach is driven from the coil.
Sounds like the black wire is going bad...

Try jumpering the black wire from the coil to the +12v side of the battery.
If the car starts and runs then the black wire is bad.
Turning the key to the off position WILL NOT stop the engine. Pull the wire.

Good luck!