kind of cool part on Ebay-

--part1_13.1261b2f9.2ac7921a_boundary

I have one of these in my '78.  I think I bought mine in the early '80s.
Works real well.  When it's full of fuel the car is very well balanced, front
to rear.  But then your lugging some 70 extra pounds.  It's a trade off.

I still remember when I use to fill up on long trips, I would hand the
attendant (some of you remember when there were people that took your cash at
the pump and then had to reset the pump?) money for 18 gallons of gas and he
had to look twice at the pump and then my car.

There is a "Y" hose that should come with it, that replaces the straight hose
between the metal fill pipe and the stock tank.  There is also a plastic "T"
to splice into the vent line.

If any of you have ever seen my trunk space, you may remember that my spare
sits on the carpet.  Because the spare tire well "is full of gas".

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/28/02 10:28:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,