My 77 Rocco

> Wow!  I like em both!  The 77 looks to be in damn good shape...nice find
> Jay!
>
> Who's is the green tow mk1?
>
> Eric

I'm pretty happy with it for what I paid.  :)  Seems no one likes VWs
much around Detriot.   I was the only one who even called him on it.
Good thing the car spent a lot of its life in California.  I have most
of the dealer repair reciepts from 77-91.   After that he stopped
keeping records and doing some of his own repairs.  I'll post some
better pics when I get a chance.  Its pretty clean inside and out.
The only real rust is in the front fenders.  Right at the bottom where
they bolt (or used to) to the body.     The gentleman I bought it from
even filled the tank with gas for me.  The gauge didn't work so the
first place I went was the gas station.  Didn't I look like a knob for
paying for 3 litres.   With a few hours of work, and a decent paint job,
the car will be show quality.

To answer your question, the tow vehicle is an 81 Rocco belonging to Ben
Beacock.  (Thanks for the use :)   It sports a 2.0 16V w/intake cam,
quaife, custom programmable FI, with a mild port/polish.   It's pushing
135 HP to the wheels.
--
myjunkbox@rogers.com <myjunkbox@rogers.com>