  From: Brandon Smith=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 6:41 PM
  Subject: I'm New

  Hello all, I am new to the list.

  My name is Brando and I just bought an 88' 16v Rocco that is in near =
mint condition.
  I have had other VWs before, but never a Rocco, and i've only had the =
car for a month and a half, and still get a shit eatin grin on my face =
when somebody asks me about it.

  This last friday night i was coming out of a video store in this mall =
parking lot and there's a bunch of Honda punks hanging out, them seeing =
the Scirocco (already somewhat customized by me), and one of them makes =
a crack out how old it is.  I challenge him to a 1/4 mile race in an =
industrial complex nearby and even but 10$ on it.  This highschool kid =
had a mid 90's Civic Hatchback with stickers gallore, full body kit, =
exhaust, 17in wheels, and who knows under the hood. =20

  His buddies want to make sure nothings up and ask to see under my =
hood.  I pop it open, and show them that it is completely stock =
(although they were completely puzzled when they saw the airbox...I had =
to explain to them what CIS was).  The honda kid goes to lift up his =
hood and i tell him that i didn't need to see under the hood.  He just =
laughed at me.

  Mind you the only performance thing i have done to the car so far was =
to put a set of FALKEN ziex tires on the original teardrop rims.

  We pull up even, his friend gets out and raises his hands, both =
engines rev, hands drop.....
  .....And i proceed to whip that Honda's ass.  I beat him off the line, =
and pulled strongly away from him in every gear, not to mention i missed =
3rd.  We pull over, and i am all smiles, get my $10 and do a nice little =
burnout as i am leaving in front of his car.

  hoped you like my story,  I will probably have more as that punk will =
tell his friends about me...

  ohh well, keep you posted.

  -Brando

  BTW: where is everyone from.  I live in Colorado.

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_00ED_01C26355.111A4720

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Good story, welcome =
to the list=20
Brando!</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Don't fight =
the&nbsp;addiction.=20
</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Rick Alexander=20
(Connecticut)<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.brubakerbox.com";>http://www.brubakerbox.com</A><BR><A =

href=3D"http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/";>http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/<=
/A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/";>http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsr=
us/</A></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DSCIROCCO_SPEED@msn.com =
href=3D"mailto:SCIROCCO_SPEED@msn.com";>Brandon=20
  Smith</A> </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 23, =
2002 6:41=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> I'm New</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Hello all, I am new to the list.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>My name is Brando and I just bought an 88' 16v Rocco that is in =
near mint=20
  condition.</DIV>
  <DIV>I have had other VWs before, but never a Rocco, and i've only had =
the car=20
  for a month and a half, and still get a shit eatin grin on my face =
when=20
  somebody asks me about it.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>This last friday night i was coming out of a video store in this =
mall=20
  parking lot and there's a bunch of Honda punks hanging out, them =
seeing the=20
  Scirocco (already somewhat customized by me), and one of them makes a =
crack=20
  out how old it is.&nbsp; I challenge him to a 1/4 mile race in an =
industrial=20
  complex nearby and even but 10$ on it.&nbsp; This highschool kid had a =
mid=20
  90's Civic Hatchback with stickers gallore, full body kit, exhaust,=20
  17in&nbsp;wheels, and who knows under the hood.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>His buddies want to make sure nothings up and ask to see under my =

  hood.&nbsp; I pop it open, and show them that it is completely stock =
(although=20
  they were completely puzzled when they saw the airbox...I had to =
explain to=20
  them what CIS was).&nbsp; The honda kid goes to lift up his hood and i =
tell=20
  him that i didn't need to see under the hood.&nbsp; He just laughed at =

  me.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Mind you the only performance thing i have done to the car so far =
was to=20
  put a set of FALKEN ziex tires on the original teardrop rims.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>We pull up even, his friend gets out and raises his hands, both =
engines=20
  rev, hands drop.....</DIV>
  <DIV>.....And i proceed to whip that Honda's ass.&nbsp; I beat him off =
the=20
  line, and pulled strongly away from him in every gear, not to mention =
i missed=20
  3rd.&nbsp; We pull over, and i am all smiles, get my $10 and do a nice =
little=20
  burnout as i am leaving in front of his car.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>hoped you like my story,&nbsp; I will probably have more as that =
punk=20
  will tell his friends about me...</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>ohh well, keep you posted.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>-Brando</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>BTW: where is everyone from.&nbsp; I live in =
Colorado.<BR><BR></DIV><BR=20
  clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com";>http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00ED_01C26355.111A4720--