hood scoops, vents and drag

Yeah, but air is never going to just FLOW (as in laminar flow) under a
Scirocco for the simple reason there are too many gaps and projections.
Most of the aerodynamic drag of a Scirocco is due to underbody flow.
So, LESS air flowing under the car will reduce drag with the side
benefit that underbody pressure will be slightly lower resulting in a
little downforce.
Dan