Possible Side Rear View Mirror Source!

    Last week there was some discussion regarding re-silvering our side rear
view mirrors.  The problem came down to how do you get the glass out in one
piece?  No one seemed to have a solution.
    Well, I was in Schlep Boys today and noticed a mirror replacement
product made by Motomite.  It is an exact replacement piece of glass with
adhesive on the back.  It appears, and this is where some follow up research
will have to be done, that sticks to the old mirror or the old mirror is
taken out by breaking it and this sticks on to the mounting hardware.
Additionally, most of them were priced under $10.
    Well great idea but they did not stock any thing for our 15+ year old
VWs and I could not find an application book.  So a little search on-line
and here may be our replacement mirrors.  The measurements see right on.
Check it out for yourself and let's all discuss.
    As I mentioned before, a little more research needs to be done to see if
they actually work.  And finally, a group purchase may be in order.
    Here is the site.  I can't copy the page with our mirrors on it so
here's how to drill down.  On the page below, select Application Guide in
the red bar, center.  Next select the year, next select VW, select model,
select motor and FINALLY, select  Glass Mirror Replacement!

http://208.233.99.171/randb/default.asp?cookieID=0RQ12OP3S&url=http%3A//208.
233.99.171/randb/buyerbrowse.epc%3Freset%3DALL%26categories%3D%2520%26catego
ry1%3DMirror