16V Q - what's that hose, can I remove it?

That is the cold start passage.  The cold-start valve injects fuel into it,
where the fuel is mixed with clean air from the air box. This rich mixture
then is pulled into the intake by manifold vacuum.  You could remove it if
you live in a warm climate and do not need the cold-start feature (I've, in
effect, done this), but be sure to plug ALL openings in the manifold and the
airbox.
 PS.  It is not a breather.

Larry