Getting the nut off the hub

Easier still.
Go to a plumbing supply and buy a 4' iron pipe that will fit over the handle
of your 3/4" socket handle.
put the car in gear.
Heavy grunt...

I have no problem getting nuts off.

(Thinks... Maybe I should rephraze that... Nahhh)

>From: "Rick Alexander" <ralexander03@snet.net>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Getting the nut off the hub
>Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:16:54 -0400
>
>Axle nut? You need a longer bar or a bigger kid on the end or both. Chock
>the wheel but also have someone inside with the foot brake on. A little (as
>in small) bounce (forever warranted breaker bar) and it will come off. The
>little bounce is for shock value not to actually turn the thing.
>
>Rick Alexander
>http://www.brubakerbox.com
>http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/
>http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/

Julie Macfarlane
Web Developer
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"
'85 8v-?? "Scarlett" (frankly, she doesn't give a d**n)
'81 16v-2Y "Animal"
ICQ: 7704980
http://216.153.141.3/scirocco/