Weird Idle problem.

Heres one for ya...

My car idles perfectly, closed loop @ 870 RPM, smooth, stock cam. new
distributor & Cap & Rotor, differential pressure regulator & fuel
accumulator are new too along with plugs, filter, and oil. The alternator
is working fine and the battery is happy, 13.5-14V from alternator, no hard
cranking when starting,  etc. etc. etc.

When I drive the car and come to a stop, slowing in gear to below 2K before
letting the clutch out the engine speed will drop to 500 RPM'ish bog for a
split second then return to perfect idle (or lower and occasionally stalls
although not that often) . This is repeatable and annoying. Revving up and
letting it drop is fine, holding at a higher RPM and letting it drop is
fine. the problem only seems to happen when the car is driven, higher RPM
under load and let it out of gear under 2K. Letting it out of gear above 2K
is good, engine returns to idle without dipping.

Strange thing is that if I have the A/C on the entire problem goes away.

I've had it in the shop several times, for many days, and they can't seem
to figure it out. The problem remains so I ask the group...

Anyone have this problem before and how did you fix it? I may have left out
a detail or two so ask me any questions you have.

-Raffi