idle actuator

Its in the very center of the picture.  Its the small
cylinder with the air hoses going in and coming out and an
electrical connection.  Take it off and clean the inside
of it with mineral spirits (solvent) or carb cleaner.
 They get all gummed up and quit working.  Make sure the
electrical connections are clean and check the electrical
connector on the throttle body micro-switches, too (its on
the back of the throttle body).  If you still have
problems, check to make sure the micro-switch that is
activated when the throttle is closed is working.  It
turns the Idle Stabilizer Valve on (more or less).

HTH

John
87 16v
Long Beach