Calling all Mechanic - What color Locktite Where?

Purple for light duty holding.
Blue for medium duty holding.
Red for high strength holding.
Green for "you need a torch" to get it off holding.

The red stuff on a pressure plate is overkill IMO.  You will practically
strip the hex to take it off.  Blue should be plenty.  The most important
thing is make sure the threads (both sides) are clean, dry and oil free when
using Loctite.  Use a chlorinated solvent like Brakleen (CRC) before
applying.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/17/02 3:04:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,