can I remove my 8v head without draining the oil?

--0-599629440-1032324040=:88919

Hey all, I want to get my damn broken exhaust stud drilled out ASAP(sick of the noise).  Anyway, I changed my oil about 200 miles ago and really don't want to drain it when I remove the head.  I know there's no way to get by without draining the coolant, but keeping the oil would be nice:)  Shouldn't the vast majority of it be settled in the oil pan? Thanks in advance-

Rob