Running cold & Lighting problem

--0-1579971089-1032022064=:1096

Slightly off topic as it concerns my Jetta which is running very cold. Its always run a little cold but recently the oil temp dosent get above 50C and the water temp doesnt get out of the warm up part - about 10 o'clock.

I made the assumption that the stat had got stuck open so i changed it - it was an 87 or 88C and i replaced it with an 87 or 88C but it made no difference at all.

The guages use seperate senders and when you disconnect them the guages drop to zero so i don't think its the senders but it might be.

Interesting the cooling fan kicks in quite happily but the guages never read more than as above.

Now spec - Its a TSR 2.1 block (bored out from a 1.8PB) with a crossflow head from a US car (poss ABA) with big valves, wild cam etc running on Digifant. I'm using an 8v rad and all the pipes get red hot and good pressure.

Scirocco content

My car failed its MOT today due to lighting problems - Basically when you turn on the sidelights (citylights?) dipped beam comes on on on side as well. when you turn on dipped all is well. when you turn on full beam the other side headlamp rather than going to full beam drops back to dip.

Its running 100W bulbs on an aftermarket relay wiring kit. curiosly on 10 amp fuses they blow but 15 amps dont but even more curios - if you take out the relqays the lights stay on

Andy Holmes

91 Scirocco Scala Inj
83 Jetta 2.1

---------------------------------

--0-1579971089-1032022064=:1096

<P>Slightly off topic as it concerns my Jetta which is running very cold. Its always run a little cold but recently the oil temp dosent get above 50C and the water temp doesnt get out of the warm up part - about 10 o'clock. </P>
<P>I made the assumption that the stat had got stuck open so i changed it - it was an 87 or 88C and i replaced it with an 87 or 88C but it made no difference at all. </P>
<P>The guages use seperate senders and when you disconnect them the guages drop to zero so i don't think its the senders but it might be.</P>
<P>Interesting the cooling fan kicks in quite happily but the guages never read more than as above.</P>
<P>Now spec - Its a TSR 2.1 block (bored out from a 1.8PB) with a crossflow head from a US car (poss ABA) with big valves, wild cam etc running on Digifant. I'm using an 8v rad and all the pipes get red hot and good pressure.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Scirocco content</P>
<P>My car failed its MOT today due to lighting problems - Basically when you turn on the sidelights (citylights?) dipped beam comes on on on side as well. when you turn on dipped all is well. when you turn on full beam the other side headlamp rather than going to full beam drops back to dip.</P>
<P>Its running 100W bulbs on an aftermarket relay wiring kit. curiosly on 10 amp fuses they blow but 15 amps dont but even more curios - if you take out the relqays the lights stay on</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-1579971089-1032022064=:1096--