OT: Question for the Americans

Look folks,
<Puts on Flame proof suit>

Did Bush do anything directly to the total US economy? no

Can Bush do anything directly to the total US economy? no

Can actions that he takes influence the economy? yes

Does the goverment create wealth? no.

Can the government reduce the available money for use yes.
Please read the CONSTITUTION regarding the purse strings.
That would be the US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

What does the government do?

all levels of the local, state, and federal goverment take approximately
40-60% of your INDIVIDUAL paychecks and redistributes about 1/2 of it to
other people more "needy" or less "fortunate" than you. The other half
goes to pay for non-social programs. Like the military pay and equipment.

30-50% of the money allocated to the US military goes to pay RETIREMENT of
past military members. I'm not saying they do not deserve it in fact they
do. (I served in the USCG for 6 years)

so for a measly 15%; less than you pay in SS taxes(you really do pay out
16% of your income to Social Security ask any self-employed person paying
self-employment taxes). you get the worlds most capable fighting force
willing to risk thier lives for YOU! and willing to fight and DIE for
your ability to whine, bitch, moan, and goto Canada if you wish. And all
the while most soldiers qualify for FOOD stamps, E-5 and under with wife
and one child.

Just because A Soldier is willing to do that for you doesn't mean that he/she
respects you for your choices. In fact, if you are not willing to stand up
for SOMETHING you stand for NOTHING. You earn thier respect by protesting
even against them, because your standing up. Running away with your tail
between your legs does nothing but generate contempt and my firm belief
that if you leave:  stay away FOREVER. Never come back - Ever.

Here is what the US Military Code of Conduct states and I for one still
firmly believe.

    I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my
country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their
defense.

    I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never
surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.

    If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I
will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept
neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

    If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow
prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which
might be harmful to my comrades.

    When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give
only name, rank, service number, and date of birth.

    I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible
for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country
free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Brian
5.99years USCG vet
member chosen frozen
Patriot