steering rack bushings - the easy way

Okay, so I lied. There is no easy way.. I've had the bushings for more
than a year and I waited until I had my motor out to change them.

But there is a tip worthy of mention here.. I spent the better part of an
hour today banging on my u-shaped bushing clamps trying to get them to
slip over the new non-rotted-out bushings so I could put the nuts back on
the studs..

No luck.. I could only thread one nut on at a time.. Now I was
getting pissed. I tried prying, I tried hammering, I tried bending the
bracket in a vice. Nothing worked..

Then I grabbed a can of silicone spray lube and hosed down the bushing for
about 1/2 second. Like magic, the bracket slipped EFFORTLESSLY over the
bushing and right in to place. I couldn't believe it!

So.. that's the trick. Hope it saves someone a lot of needless pounding
and swearing.

-Toby