OT: Question for the Americans

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:14:20 -0400 Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> writes:
> Pardon me for not being very astute politically, but what's the deal
> with the
> president and Iraq? I'm not sure of the urgency, I realize there is
> a lot of
> tension for a number of reasons, and has been for some time, but it
> seems the
> international community isn't too into this project of his. (Canada
> was rather
> cool on it) Just wondering why the need right now, is it the polls?

Thankfully no, its not the polls. (for a change.)

Actually, even we arent sure. I for one am not for invading Iraq. I think
the entire Arab world needs to be nuked and be done with it.  I fairly
sick of all the rhetoric from the Islamic leaders. ITS NOT ABOUT
RELIGION. They keep trying to make it a holly war issue which in reality
is the ONLY way they can keep the sheep committing suicide attacks for
them. For us its not wanting to be attacked. Keep in mind that the vast
majority of the Arab world hates everything US. Well, at least the
religious sect does. They claim they don't "hate Americans they hate the
American policy". Still.they have no remorse for all the innocent victims
of 9-11. I don't get it.

As for Sadam, when he surrendered in Desert Shield/storm, he agreed to
weapons inspections as well as about 15 other major items that HE agreed
to under the terms of surrender or he would suffer dire circumstances
from the UN. (The accord is written that way!) He has complied with NONE
of them yet the UN has done nothing.

He sponsors terrorism, pays the families of suicide bombers, is active in
the development of nuclear weapons and is willing to chemically attack
his own people. The world doesn't see a problem with this?

If there are actions, I think it needs to be UN lead. That's the bottom
line. We need to stop being the worlds police agency. WTF are we still
doing in Afghanistan? Were still all over the gulf region. We need to get
out. Its a problem we don't need. The Arab world doesn't see our presence
there as one of assistance but rather, occupation. Kuwait of all
countries should be most receptive of us considering what we have done
for them.  IMHO naturally.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.