[Re: [Re: Which oil temp. sender and where?]]

"Rick Alexander" <ralexander03@snet.net> wrote:
Cathy, you might have made it all up but... it's not a pipe thread, pipe
thread is tapered to affect a seal. those senders are straight threads an=
need the copper gasket to not leak.

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/
http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/

Well I stand corrected about the threads then, whatever it had on it
gasketwise worked fine to prevent leaks, but another lister had described=
 the
threads that way when I had asked what the torque spec was for it. Mine l=
eaked
because of a fracture, not the way it sealed anyway, not sure how it got
broken, but it was pretty much sheared off when I removed the old one and=

that's why it leaked. I was thankful I got both parts out easily. And no =
more
leaks. Thanks for the clarification. =

Cathy