[Re: A few more newbie questions...]

Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
I agree with Joshua that the engine mounts, in particular the passenger
side mount, are shot.
In my opinion the rear motorsport mount transmits WAY too much
vibration. I have no experience with the urethane for the front, so no
comment.
Also, the loosen all mounts and shake the s..t out of the engine is
unneccessary, but you do have to position and tighten the two side
mounts first, then the rear transmission mount, then the front mount to
get them aligned correctly.
Keep in mind I'm older than most on the list so my tolerance for
vibration and irritation in life is proportionally lower.
Dan

I'll echo that. I just had all four replaced, and with the TT front mount=
 and
the race rear mount (the hard rubber one, not poly) it jumps to life at
startup with a firm shudder, and does transmit a fair buzz to the rest of=
 the
car (I have new rattles in the dash...grrrr) But at least the engine does=
n't
rock when you step on it. But it did give a bit more harshness to the car=
's
feel. For me, that's not a problem, but for a daily driver, it might wear=
 on
you. All depends on your goals I guess. =

Cathy