Starter rebuild

Well all, unfortunately the starter rebuild was a failure. I got all the
components together, however there are coated bars near the brushes that
conduct current and my torch happy brother burnt a LOT of this coating off.
A local rebuilder said to coat them with some silicone which I did, but it
wasn't enuff. When I thru the juice to it, it shorted out inside the case
and just smoked. I took pics of the guts and reassembly process which I'll
post soon. Anybody got a spare starter cheap? 85 8 valve, 5 spd, straight
steer.....:)

Jon Palm