Which oil temp. sender and where?

1988 16v - from the factory, which location is used for the sender for the
center console oil temperature gauge - the oil filter mount (is there 2
temp. senders here? - if so which?), or the back of the block?
Also, looking at Rocky Mountains online catalog, there are 3 different
sending units, ranging in price from 13 to 39.  What's the difference and
which do I need?  I can't find a part number for it anywhere.  Ryan H.
Thanks.