audi 5k TB project gone bad!?

Yes, I know what you mean.  The exact same thing
happened to me when I installed an Audi 5K Station
Wagon TB on my '83 8v.  I couldn't completely remove
the linkage off of one of the TB's to do a linkage
swap.  I had to build my own linkage with pieces from
the Audi TB  and my MIG welder.  It works awesome,
except it's a bit hair trigger especially when my
friends drive my car.  So that's the only advice I can
give.  PS. don't braze the linkage....I tried to do
that and it snapped.  I had to get my wire feed welder
back from the friend I loaned it to.

Chris J.
'83 Scirocco GT
'81 Kawasaki KZ550