euro high beam problems

went out there and played a lil' on lunch, here's what i found. first off
the side i didn't use (pass. side)  i never cut the connectors off of, so i
looked right at the high beam wire i did use. what appears to be happening
is that every time i turn the brights on, a lil' bit more of this wire
"burns", or becomes dark and brittle. is there anyway to stop this or am i
going to have to route a new high beam trigger wire? if i do need to route a
new trigger wire, what the best way (easiest way) without looking "hacked"
to run this wire? tia
   hit