2.0L 16V: The Project Begins

>Since I have a hoist I'm now wondering if it would be easier to take the
>motor out the top instead of lowering it down and taking it out under the
>front of the car. I can't tell if I'll need to pull the hood off or not.

Whenever I have a hoist I take it out the top, no need to remove the hood a
broom handel will hold it almost verticle. I would strongly recomend a load
leveler for that hoist, even more so if you have no one to help guide the
engine out of the bay ($30 at autozone). tilt the tranny down some (-20
degrees or so) and it should go right up.

-Elijah