Rebuild costs?

yes like david has mentioned, it all depends on what
you are calling a rebuilt.
For example I am rebuilding a Hybrid 2L myself.
and I am replacing all bearings, seals, rings, changing
cam,getting block hot tanked, then rebuilding it myself.
I usually buy parts brand new when I rebuild (internals
anyways) so I got new oil pan, new H/D Oil Pump, new
water pump.. anyways after I got all my parts (and this
is just parts cost) I am at 880$, this include new cam,
new lightwheight flywheel as well.

The head I got lucky bough and engine for 100$ from a
buddy of mine from a strong engine from a parted car,
now he knows why the engine was so strong, the head was
ported polished with 3 way valves already done to it
with only 80K on it. So the head will only need shims
once I slap the new G grind Cam in it. ( this is a
savings of 500-750$ to be done locally here. (Texas)

I k now I am talking about an 2L 8v here, but there
isnt much difference between the 3a and the 9a blocks
in reality.

--
====
ATS - Patrick Bureau