Anyone know how to contact Chris Campbell?

Bill Collins wrote:

> Last fall, I bought an '86 Scirocco from Chris Campbell (ccvwspeed@aol.com), that he had advertised on scrirocco.org.  When I went to pick it up, he said he must have left the title in his dorm room.  He gave me a bill of sale and promised to mail the title.  Later he said he mailed the title, but I never received it.  He then said he would get a duplicate title and send it.  Shortly after that, he stopped responding to my emails.
>
> Has anyone heard of this guy?  I have called his parent's house and talked to his sister (I think) who said he was in basic training, but I have never been able to contact his parents.
>
> I know I shouldn't have paid for the car without getting the title, but it looked like a good deal, and I wasn't going to be back in Georgia any time soon.
>
> If I can't get the title soon, I guess I will be looking for a MKII with a bad engine (since I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine in this one) and then parting out the '86.  Its too bad, the body and interior are in great shape.
>
> Bill

You should be able to produce a duplicate title via your local DMV. It
may require you send a delivery receipt requested mail (it's a few bucks
through the post office) and when it comes back unanswered you get to
take that as proof of due diligence and they will cut you a new 'pink'
slip.

Don't give up hope.

TBerk