Anyone know how to contact Chris Campbell?

--=======3882676A=======

At 10:17 AM 9/3/02 -0400, Bill Collins wrote:

>Last fall, I bought an '86 Scirocco from Chris Campbell
>(ccvwspeed@aol.com), that he had advertised on scrirocco.org.  When I went
>to pick it up, he said he must have left the title in his dorm room.  He
>gave me a bill of sale and promised to mail the title.  Later he said he
>mailed the title, but I never received it.  He then said he would get a
>duplicate title and send it.  Shortly after that, he stopped responding to
>my emails.
>
>Has anyone heard of this guy?  I have called his parent's house and talked
>to his sister (I think) who said he was in basic training, but I have
>never been able to contact his parents.
>
>I know I shouldn't have paid for the car without getting the title, but it
>looked like a good deal, and I wasn't going to be back in Georgia any time
>soon.
>
>If I can't get the title soon, I guess I will be looking for a MKII with a
>bad engine (since I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine in this one)
>and then parting out the '86.  Its too bad, the body and interior are in
>great shape.
>
>Bill

Not that I would do this or anything(wink)but a person could, get the Vin
plate and title from
a car that was junk, a parter or scrapped and re vin their  own car.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe