From: "The Hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:49 PM
Subject: starting issues

i just sent my red '88 in to be painted, so i forced to drive my '86 for a
few days. i took it out and it stuttered bad, with the main fuel pump make a
loud whining noise. i replaced the tank pump (or in this case, hunk of
rust), and the stuttering problem and whine is gone. while i was at it i
changed plugs and wires and air filter. now the car doesn't want to start.
it takes 5 start- stall- starts to get it going. after this it runs fine.
i'm going to replace the fuel filter just cause of what the tank pump looked
like, but are there any other things i should look at for this starting
problem? 5th injector maybe? tia
   hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'86 "psycho 16v" scirocco