cooling fan?

> my question is how long does it take people with 8vs to warm up
> over the lower bar on the gauge, just idling

I haven't timed my '81, but it seems like ten-fifteen minutes, at idle,
but it's been a hot summer here.  Seems to take no time at all when I
start it and drive somewhere, which is what I'm usually doing.  Driving,
it probably takes five minutes.

> and at what point
> does your fan turn on?

My fan comes on when the needle is just below the light in the center of
the gauge.  However, I think I changed the thermostat to a different
temperature range so my car may  not be any indicator of what yours
should do.  (Now that I think about it, I wonder if that tstat could be
the cause of my idle problem......)

Carl Lee