cooling fan?

 the car&nbsp;(thanks, whoever told me about taylorautomotive.com) and my=
 car runs incredibly cool, on the highway.&nbsp; It seems like it might e=
ven be too cool. But, the other day when&nbsp;i was&nbsp;driving around i=
n town, stop and go driving, the car&nbsp;got&nbsp;very hot but did not q=
uite overheat.&nbsp; At this point the car was on straight water, no cool=
ant. the fan didn't seem to be kicking on&nbsp;and when i checked on it i=
 found one of the thermal switch wires was disconnected from the connecto=
r, i tested the fan by bridging the terminals and connected the wires, fi=
lled with coolant and water. When i drove i found that the car ran cooler=
 in stop/go but still qute hot. like halfway up on temp gauge on highway =
and almost 3/4 in town. my question is how long does it take people with =
8vs to warm up over the lower bar on the gauge, just idling and at what p=
oint does your fan turn on? could this be thermostat problem too or just =
the switch? tia</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>