tranny bolt kit

I'm going to be pulling my engine and tranny together to do a 2 liter
16v swap in the next few days. I plan on replacing my drive flange seals
(again) and some other stuff while its out the the car.. rear main,
lightened flywheel, flywheel/pp bolts, pushrod bearing, endcap, rear
mount, axle nuts, cv gaskets, cv bolts, gear oil, etc. I already changed
the mainshaft and pushrod seals last time around.

IIRC, the AGB transmission -is- succeptible to the self machining problem,
right?

Being that I'd like to avoid pulling my tranny again.. would it be worth
the effort and expense to install a bolt kit while I have it out of the
car?

What do I need besides the kit itself (~$35 last time I checked)? I'm
guessing a new tranny case gasket? Anything else?

How hard of a job is this? I've never worked on transmission internals
before (but I have pulled the tranny and changed the clutch disc+pp). Do I
need any special tools or can I just remove the bolts holding the case
together, spin the final drive drilling out rivets and installing bolts
all the way around and then put it back together without ever removing
the final drive gear itself?

Or am I going to need crap like a hydraulic press, special tools, etc?

Bentley doesn't cover the bolt kit as a seperate procedure - just as
something to do when removing the final drive gear.

Thanks all!

-Toby