CIS question (10:1 compression and knock sensor?)

--=======276244C9=======

At 10:20 PM 10/30/02 -0800, Ben Bell wrote:

> > The ECU problem your tech mentions might be caused by poor grounding, as
> > in poor or marginal signals. New O2 sounds good but there is more to
> > this.  If I understand you correctly you have a 91 Jetta long block
> > (block + head) and it's installed in a 1986 Scirocco. Where did the K/S
> > come from? Who did the work?
> >
> > TBerk
>
>what do you mean by "K/S"?  My dad and I put the engine in.  The only thing
>that came from the jetta is the block + head, everything else is scirocco
>stuff.

He means knock sensor(K/S).  If you are running a stock '86 Scirocco(non 16V)
then you don't have a knock sensing ignition system.  If it is a 10:1 ratio
motor
though, it would be a good idea.  Best bet would be to check the engine
block code
and if you don't know what the various codes are one of us on the list
would be glad
to help.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe