durability of JH block internals and going turbo

You may have it turned around.
 Stiff wrist pins would not cause a big end bearing to go bad.  However, the
same condition that caused the bad big end bearings undoubtedly created the
stiff wrist pins as well.  Sound logical?

Larry
(I LOVE a good debate)

> --- L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote: > I thought that might be it,
> but after thinking the theory through,
> > came to
> > the question, "what's the point?"  The wrist pin gets adequate
> > lubrication
> > without it.
> > Ever hear of a wrist pin burning up?  Me neither.
> >
> > Larry
>

> Funny you should mention this!  Today I tore down a 3.8L Buick engine
> at work, and some of the wrist pins were VERY stiff.  This caused the
> rod bearings to wear out prematurely...  (might be coincedence, but the
> only rod bearings that were shot were the stiff rods...)  I think what
> happened is the oil "shellaced" over time and gummed things up.  If
> this area was fed pressurized oil, or had more oil directed at it this
> probably wouldn't have happened...
>
> Mark.

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!