[Re: winter projects]

Lisa Lutman wrote:

> Heh... I raced too much and blew up the engine. No? You don't believe me?
>
> Actually, it was a half-assed rebuild done last year (they replaced the rod
> bearings, never touched the rods) and claimed that the motor was low mileage
> and b/c I didn't know any better, that sounded good. Turned out when Shawn V
> and I ripped apart the motor at Momentum that the pistons had stress marks,
> the crank was torched, the rods were knocking and the bearing paper thin and
> mostly disintigrated.
>
> Lisa
> Vancouver, BC
> 87 2.0L 16V Scirocco

I hate to sound all caveman-ny and every thing but a woman who talks
about cars this way does something for me.   8])

btw- I find it funny folks are talking about Winter Projects. Out here
it's 9 months of DRY and (maybe) 3 months of off and on WET. The only
consideration is weather (sic) the work can continue in a downpour.

TBerk