redoing door panels

I did this about 10 years ago when I changed from the black with white
stripes WE 84 to the 84 GTI red fading to grey with white strips.
Basically, it's just gently stretching the fabric at some points and
bunching it up alittle at others. It didn't come out perfect, but nobody
has ever pointed and laughed! It did actually come out pretty good.
Get a piece of scrap fabric and try it out. See how much you can stretch
it without effing it up.
Dan