redoing door panels

> i'm trying to change the grey cloth inserts in my door panels to red cloth,
> but having a few problems. has anyone else done this? (i'm sure there is).
> if so how did you get the fabric to follow the contours of the insert
> without cutting it into 2 or more pieces?
>    hit

Hit, One thing that i have found that works decently is to buy some fabric paint.  you can get it in a spray can from most FLAPS and then find a good clean set of the fabric panels to paint.  I did mine in black, but i'm sure you could get read. The only thing with this method is that you will see the black spotted texture that is in the original fabric, but it doesn't look all that bad.  I think it looks kinda cool.

I've also tried do the replacement of the cloth method.  I never could get it to fit the contours right without having to cut slits in the fabric.

I found that the fabric paint worked much easier, and looked better too.  HTH

Doug C.
'88 16v
Asheville, NC

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup