Very lucky that VW's have the headlights turn off when the car isoff.

Andrew Wong wrote:

<snip>
> I am glad that VW's have the
> feature where only the turnsignals light up when the
> car is off and the headlights automatically turn off.
<snip>
> =====
> -Andrew Wong

As happy as I am for you I particularly hate cars having too much hand
holding items like radio off and lights ON or OFF when the
manufacturer's think it's right but _I_ as the owner operator can't do
what might be necessary for a given situation. Granted the 'take the
keys with you but leave the radio playing' thing can be solved by the
Blaupunkt feature that leaves the power on for a short period.

Me, myself I like to run the risk of draining a battery (esp given a
manual drive) if it means I can flip the lights on or run the radio as I
see fit.

Recently I have been chasing parts in a mid eighties Toyota Cressida,
complete with automatic seat belts. (Argh! Choked again!)

Simpler, more elegant solution is a better 'lights are on when key is
off' indictor.

TBerk