OT Car crash Physics...

> > eliminate the bike rider's weight from the calculations.  His body had
> > virtually nothing to do with moving the Jag's fender.
>
> Bike rider accounts for 1/4 of the kinetic energy!

-- rider couldn't have hit the fender and most likely struck the
hood/windshield a glancing blow. (otherwise survival would have been
impossible)  I'll bet he/she ended up many feet past the Jag, right? --

> >   Front of Jag now eight feet back from original location? I don't
believe
> > it.
> >

> That's what the skidmarks measured...

-- Ah, now it's starting to make more sense. The WHOLE CAR was moved back
eight feet, not that the front was compressed eight feet! (Jag shortened by
8ft.)
I received an interesting article at work on accident re-construction...I'll
see if it's still laying around and send it to you....--    Larry

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!